Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Almost there

Here I sit at General Mitchell International airport, waiting to board my plane to Orlando. I can't wait to get down there and meet all the fellow Tweetuppers.

Last I saw on Monday, the weather on Thursday was at 60% for a good launch. While I'd certainly wish to see that number higher, I'll take what I can get. The Tweetup event is going to be so amazing, if I don't get to see a launch, it will be okay, but I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed.

Today, after I fly into Orlando, I'll drive to Kennedy Space Center to check in and get my badge, then go to the house I'm staying at (dubbed Discovery House), and meeting the people I'll be staying with for four days. Then, dinner with a huge number of space geeks for a traditional pre-Tweetup dinner.

I can't believe that this day is finally here. I've been planning, chatting, packing, and generally obsessing about this trip for about a month. It's just amazing that NASA allows people this opportunity, and I'm so glad I got this chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment